Only one state has a majority of women in their legislature: Nevada.
Vote Run Lead aims to make it 5 states in 2 election cycles.
It’s a revolutionary initiative in Georgia, Minnesota, Ohio, and New York to shift state legislatures from ~30% to 51% female representation by 2024, focusing on women of color and rural women.
Invest in this groundbreaking effort by becoming a founding member of Run 51 today!
- 41% (87) were women of color and 8 LGBTQ, 6 immigrant or first generation, and 4 veterans
- 4 Black women alums are headed to U.S. House of Representatives!
- 64% were running as a challenger or non-incumbents
- 55% won their races
- 71% of women of color won their races
- 73 of the 147 women (50%!) who ran for a state legislative office won, the #1 office for which VRL alums ran
Your tax-deductible gift to Vote Run Lead will support all of our ground-breaking programs.
Annual giving of $1,000 or more qualifies you as a Vote Run Lead Leadership Council Member - join today!