2022 Impact Report
Women prevailed in 2022.
This year, 105 alumnae will be sitting in state legislatures across 23 states. Many of these women were challengers and non-incumbents, running in districts with no woman or person of color representing their constituents. Together, we helped ensure that our communities reach significant victories in bringing more women to decision-making tables. Tables where life-changing impact–policies that affect everyone–can be fully realized.
Among the impressive wins of 2022, Together, we helped ensure our community would have significant wins this year, including:
- The first full year of our RUN/51 initiative to transform every state legislature in the country into women-led legislative bodies;
- Finally, the first three Black women to sit in the Minnesota State Senate in its 164-year history —all Vote Run Lead alums;
- An impressive 363 women ran for office, with a 68% win rate;
- The launch of State of My Democracy, a tool to understand the representation of women and women of color in your state house and senate;
- Six Vote Run Lead alums are headed to Congress.
Check out more highlights from this year.